Fear not, weary Moms, I am going to be your #groceryhero today. Say "goodbye" to the drudgery of grocery shopping and say "hello" to Walmart's new *FREE* online grocery service. Yes, I said, "free online grocery service". What is this sorcery you ask?! Well it's only the coolest thing since sliced bread. (which is among one of the over 30,000 items you can have delivered right to your car)
No more fighting with little Timmy about toys or snack cakes he's thrown in the buggy while you weren't looking. No more hiding from nosy old Ms. So-and-so from down the street who always seems to be everywhere you are and who always notices "you forgot to take your trash can around" by the HOA's allotted time on Friday afternoon.
No more impulse buying the half-off dozen donuts you know you don't need, but they are half off, so you're actually saving money over buying them full price. No more buckling and unbuckling little Sally from her car seat. In short, no more crap, just groceries the way mother nature intended: quick and stress-free. (I can not be held responsible for the traffic you will fight on the way to the store)
So how exactly does this magic work? First, you need to create an account on Walmart.com's grocery service. This is super easy and the only info they ask for at this point is a few pertinent pieces of personal info, your name, address, email, etc.
Once you have all your items in your cart, you can choose a pick-up time. Walmart has made this super easy with their one hour block schedule. Can't be there right at ten sharp, no worries, choose 10-11 and show up any time in that hour. You can choose to pick up your groceries any time from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., assuming it is open.
Simply enter your debit or credit card info (cash is not accepted at this time), double check your pick-up location and time slot and hit the button. That's it, you're done.
You have the opportunity to edit your cart at this time, in case you've forgotten anything. Also, you can enter promo codes at this step. Use code "REALEASY" to score *$10 off your first order.
(*new customers only, minimum order $50 for this coupon to work. Otherwise the minimum order is only $30. You can use only one code per transaction)
After a couple of minutes your groceries will be delivered right to your trunk by a friendly Walmart grocery grabber. Mine was named, Trevor and he was super friendly and helpful and he didn't even know I was a "secret shopper". Your charges will be explained to you and if there were any out of stock items, they will let you know it was excluded or substituted, depending on your preference. (this option is on your order form)
This service is available in 30 markets across the US. You can check the Walmart grocery site for the location closest to you. Simply enter your zip code and start shopping and while you're there, score a $10 credit toward your first order.
- Spend an hour catching up with your friends on Facebook. While you're there, you could share your referral link to earn $10 off your next order. (Check your account page for the link)
- Watch a movie or an hour long TV show.
- Go grab a bite to eat with a friend you haven't seen in a while. Better yet, invite them to come over and cook them a meal using some of the yummy groceries you just bought from Walmart.
- Go for a walk or a jog or a hike in the woods.
- Go to the library and check out a new book... perhaps a cookbook.
- Plan a week of meals using the groceries you just ordered from Walmart. (Ok, Ok, this one might not be fun, but very helpful nonetheless)
- Find a pond and go fishing.
- Write a letter to your Mom. A real, old school pen and paper letter. Moms love that kind of stuff.
- Go through the car wash with your kids. You know, the automatic one with the colorful bubbles that look like you ran over a unicorn and smell like cherry. Bonus points if you have a moon roof.
- Binge watch an hour of your favorite show on Netflix *cough* Stranger Things *cough*.
- Peruse Pinterest for birthday ideas for your kids' next party.
- Go to your local beauty supply store and buy a funky color to dye your hair. (Note: I will NOT help you clean up the mess that will likely result from this "activity")
- Play a game with your kids. It could even be *gasp* a board game. Show your kids the joy of kicking butt at old school monopoly. Not the console gaming version. The real deal one, where you can throw actual play money in the air when you win.
- Visit your local park and swing like you did when you were a kid. This is really fun... unless you have vertigo, then, not so much.
- Do some artsy fartsy craft with your kids. Kool aid play dough or something like that.
- Grab a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee place... by yourself. This one may take some cooperation from your significant other.
- Write a poem or funny song and share it with your family, encourage them to do the same.
- Play dress-up with your kids. Bonus points for the craziest outfit. Extra bonus points if you wear said outfit in public.
- Make a pillow fort.
- Crank up the stereo and have a dance party with your kids... or by yourself, I'm not judging.
- Go to your local animal shelter and pet the animals. (I am not responsible if you decide to bring ten of them home)
- Take a bubble bath. (If you think this is not fun, you're obviously not a woman)
- Have an impromptu backyard cook out... with the groceries you just picked up from Walmart.
- Look at old family photographs and make fun of your parents for wearing bell bottoms and go-go boots.
- Make a bucket list of all the things you wanna do before you die or before you grow up, which is akin to dying, in my opinion.
- Watch standup comedy videos on Youtube.
- Take a nap.
- Do nothing. Just relax and savor the hour you have and reflect on what a rockstar you are.